Husky House founded by Lorraine Healy is a 501C3 Non Profit Organization and according to their public 990 form their address is 78 Maple Street,Bridgewater, New Jersey. However, according to their website Husky House is located at 391 Route 34, Matawan, New Jersey. Which is a retail store front that also shares space with Snowdog Lodge which is a Dog Boarding and Day Care facility.
It appears that Husky House is a Retail Rescue selling puppies and dogs they obtain from breeders, pet stores, other rescues. It also appears that they import dogs into New Jersey. This group posts publicly on social media the promotion of Pet Store & Breeder Bans while riding high on the praise of others who support animal rescue.
If only those proud supporters and the general public actually knew what they were supporting, they may feel differently. We will give you a quick run down. According to a 2017 inspection report of Husky House, the inspectors found some horrible conditions for the poor dogs housed at Husky House or Snowdog Lodge or whatever they choose to call themselves, along with major paper work issues as well as a lack of veterinarian oversight.
From The Inspection Report
- The facility did not go under plan review and approval by the local health department prior to beginning operation.
- Their last Kennel Building Fire Inspection was over 2 years ago.
- Housing Facilities are not maintained, all dog enclosures have cracks and crevices that can NOT be sanitized.
- Improper food storage.
- Property not maintained, over growth of vegetation along the building and entire property.
- Improper drainage.
- Outdoor enclosures in need of repair.
- Facility does not have a Isolation Room, which is mandated.
- Improper Cleaning Protocols.
- Supervising Veterinarian has not been to the facility for 6 MONTHS!
- They are mixing visibly sick animals with healthy animals.
- No health certificates for dogs imported into New Jersey.
The list goes on and on with this Retail Rescue’s Inspection Report.